AMERICAN HARDWARE MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION
Terrence V. Gallagher
Manager of Communications
801 North Plaza Drive
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
P.R. # AHMA09-22
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AHMA Announces the Greening of the 2010 Hardlines Technology Forum®
The Industry’s Premier Annual Event will be Held April 18-21, 2010 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel, Schaumburg, Illinois with
Minimal Environmental Impact
Schaumburg, Illinois, December 10, 2009 — The American Hardware Manufacturers Association (AHMA) today announced it has taken a number of steps to make the 2010 Hardlines Technology Forum as friendly to the environment as possible.
The association is taking specific actions to address sustainability by following the “best green meeting practices” of the Green Meeting Industry Council. Some examples of the green initiatives taken include:
- Holding the meeting at an ENERGY STAR® hotel with a sustainability program in place.
- Offering online/electronic registration as an alternative to paper registration.
- Electronic exhibitor kits.
- Conference bags made of recycled materials.
- Each attendee will be given a reusable water bottle for use during and after the meeting.
- Using digital signage for meeting rooms as opposed to paper.
- Conference workbook kept to a minimum of pages and printed without plastic binders or plastic coatings.
- Use of recycled hotel notepads in meeting rooms.
- Use of recycled materials for hotel pens in meeting rooms.
- Hotel will donate 5% of total cost of guest rooms to the Juma Reserve to protect the rainforest in Brazil.
Timothy S. Farrell, President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Hardware Manufacturers Association (AHMA), said: “We know attendees are concerned about their carbon footprint and the effect on the environment caused by their travel to and attendance at meetings and conferences. We have taken these steps because we feel it is our responsibility to protect the environment as much as possible while we conduct our meeting.”
About the AHMA Hardlines Technology Forum
The AHMA Hardlines Technology Forum annually brings together information technology, logistics, merchandising, sales and finance professionals from the hardware / home improvement industry to discuss leading technology issues affecting the industry, including Supply Chain Management, Data Sync, Bar Coding, Compliance Issues, EDI and many other topics influencing improved solutions to the industry’s business processes.
For more information on the 2010 Hardlines Technology Forum, visit http://www.ahma.org/HTF
About the American Hardware Manufacturers Association (AHMA)
AHMA is a globally focused trade association of manufacturers, or providers, of hardware, home improvement, lawn and garden, paint and decorating, building and construction and related products, as well as manufacturers’ representative’s agencies and trade publications.
AHMA offers many valuable member and industry programs, services and activities including the AHMA Hardlines Technology Forum, AHMA / USA International Pavilions, AHMA Advantage GPO, The Hard Fax: Home Improvement Industry News, The Hard Fax International: Home Improvement Industry News from Around the World, the AHMA Home Improvement Industry Confidence Index, Government Relations Programs, Member Benefit Vendor Programs, the AHMA Hardware Industry Relief Effort (HIRE) and the AHMA / Habitat for Humanity Partnership.
For more information about AHMA, please visit www.ahma.org.